Friday, September 12, 2008

Home and Happy

Phillip and John got home around 2:00 this afternoon.  Phillip was all bubbly and happy over what a great time he had.  I asked him to tell me about it, and even asked some pretty pointed questions, but I didn't learn much about the things he did.  I DID learn a street-by-street account of the route that they took home, the layout of the camp, and the fact that he had belched loudly in the cabin at the exact moment that his father had been reading in a book about children who belch loudly in public.  He also informed me that he wasn't afraid of heights anymore, but I didn't hear why.  He's been up in the mountains plenty of times before, so I'm not sure what made the difference here.  Anyway, it was good to see him so happy.  And the best part was his report of what he liked best about Eco Week.  "The best part was being with my DAD at Eco Week," he said (with great enthusiasm and emphasis on the word "Dad.")

Then at 6:00 all three boys were at "Pit Stop," the once-monthly fun time that Faith E-Free church puts on for special needs kids and their siblings.  I went to a monthly crafting group meeting and did mini jigsaw puzzles while the kids played themselves silly at the church.

I imagine Phillip will sleep like a rock tonight.  I know I will.

Have I mentioned that Nathanael has started doing Lego Robotics again?  That is a good thing for him, I think.

That's all I can think of right now, probably because my noggin is so groggy.

No comments: