Monday, July 14, 2008

Of Flying Monkeys and Yellow Jacket Nests

Andrew was playing "Keep away" or something like that with our neighbor, and it involved throwing his stuffed monkey around. Our neighbor's tree has some sort of strange magnetism, sort of like Charlie Brown's Kite-Eating Tree, and it pulls that particular child's aim toward it all the time. Now Andrew's monkey is way up in the tree, and naturally it's right next to an active yellow-jacket nest! It's too high to reach without a ladder, too. Ay-yay-yay. I'll let you know how the rescue effort goes.

This morning Phillip told me, "When I grow up, I'm going to have a house with a subway crossing in the basement!" To him, this sounds like a good thing...

Hey, I'm thinking of providing a list of links here to my friends' blogs/websites. If you'd like a link added (and you're someone I know personally), let me know.

Dinner tonight is Au Gratin Taco Bake.

2 lb ground beef
2 package (4.9 oz) au gratin potatoes
2 cans corn; undrained
2 cans stewed tomatoes; undrained
1+1/2 cup milk
1 cup water
2 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
8 oz shredded cheddar

Preheat oven to 350. Brown beef and drain. Stir in the potatoes and sauce
mix, add all remaining ingredients except cheddar. Transfer to a GREASED
10x15 pan. Cover and bake for 65-70 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese
is melted.

Good night, everyone!

No comments: