Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Rest

This morning was good. Our Adult Sunday School class is going through the book of Romans, and we had a very good discussion which broke off of that. Then church was an overview of the book of Zephaniah, focusing on the issue of pride. When we got home we had Taco Puffs for our afternoon dinner (we usually have Sunday's main meal right after church, and then the evening meal is "shift for yourself"). I'll put the recipe below.

After lunch was a nice long nap and then some interesting science-related TV shows (while I worked on a jigsaw puzzle with a Norman Rockwell theme). John did some more work on his new basement office/computer game room.

So, overall a nice, relaxing day.

Tomorrow starts VBS at our new church, and also marks a chance for me to get to spend some time with a new friend while our kids are there. We might end up helping out a little with VBS, too. I told them I could help in any way that didn't require me to be good with children. I'll probably pass out snacks or something. I imagine I'm probably capable of that! For such a small church, they're expecting a very big group of kids (90 already enrolled). That's scary. I'm glad there are folks out there that love working with large groups of children. We need 'em!

Ok, here's the recipe as promised:


Taco Puffs

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup onion; chopped (I use 1/2 cup reconstituted Instant Minced Onions)
1 envelope taco seasoning
2 tube (17 oz each) jumbo sized, butter flavored refrigerated biscuits
8 slices American Cheese

Preheat oven to 400. In a skillet, cook beef, taco seasoning and onion over
medium heat until beef is browned and onion is tender; drain. Cool
slightly. Flatten half of the biscuits (one tube, which is 8 biscuits); place in an
ungreased 15x10 pan. Spoon 1/4 cup meat mixture onto each; top with 1 slice of cheese. Flatten the remaining biscuits; place on top and pinch
edges to seal tightly. (I don't normally bother with the pinching.) Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: