Friday, August 29, 2008

The Funniest Markman Story In A While


This morning one of my offspring (who shall remain nameless) wasn't doing what he was supposed to be doing, which was showering to get ready for school. When I found this out (by communication with him over the intercom), I asked him what he had been doing.
He replied, "Well, I stuck something on my face and I couldn't get it off."
I said, "You stuck something on your face?"
"Yeah, you know, you have this stash of things next to your toilet in your bathroom, and I stuck one of those on my face..."

If you're not laughing yet, just think about it...

In another less scandalous event, Phillip and Andrew were helping to fill up a pot with water for cooking. I told them it had too much water in it, and Phillip asked, "Is it possible to refill the faucet?"

Today we helped Mary get moved into her new housing. It's a definite step up for her, and most importantly, she won't be suffering from the terrible health problems brought on by living with a persistent gas leak (multiple attempts to get it fixed failed). She thinks that all she'll need is one more day to finish the move.

We're glad the DNC is over. Even though Denver is 60 miles from here, we're convinced that all of the hot air and "blowing smoke" at the convention was responsible for the terrible smog we were experiencing up here.


(Photo from Stock.xchng by bigevil600)

No comments: