Sunday, August 3, 2008

Not feeling well today

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, but I'm not feeling well. Fortunately I had put our after-church meal into the crock pot last night around midnight, so it was ready when the others got home from church. I slept until noon. Unfortunately, though I had gotten up briefly at 7-ish to make the bread, I had forgotten to press that pesky little button called, "Start." So there wasn't any bread to go with the stew. Oh well. I pressed "Start" as soon as I discovered the error, and there was bread in time for the evening meal.

I've already posted the recipe for the Ginger Ale Bread, so today I'll only post the recipe for "Becky's Beef Stew." (I don't know who Becky is. I got the recipe from the Web, I think.)

Becky's Beef Stew

0.25 teaspoon pepper
2 lb stew beef; cubed
30 oz frozen mixed vegetables
4 large potatoes; cubed
1 each bay leaf
1 medium onion; chopped
1 can (15 oz) stewed tomatoes
8 oz tomato sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt

Put meat on bottom of slow cooker. Layer frozen vegetables and potatoes over meat. Mix remaining ingredients together in large bowl and pour over other ingredients. Cover. Cook on low ten to twelve hours.

No comments: