Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ups and Downs

brush drawing on blue primed paperImage via Wikipedia Well, it's been an interesting couple of days. Lots of health problems and crises in my church and in my extended family. Lots of folks who need prayer.

Phillip is just not coping well with changing churches. We need prayer and wisdom with that as well.

We continue in an odd cold spell.

I was mistaken a few days ago when I wrote that the boys started school on Tuesday (Jr. High) and Wed (elementary). It's really Monday and Tuesday. So Nathanael starts Jr. High. It's hard to believe. And he starts out with a special walking shoe on one foot and new braces on his teeth, in addition to his special needs. Bless his heart...

On the writing front, some exciting things are happening. I have decided to contribute a few dollars per month to FaithWriters, the website that has really jump-started my writing again. Now as a supporting member I am entitled to reduced rates on editing services, and I may finally be able to get my book whipped into shape to be submitted to a REAL publisher! After years of fretting over what to do, that would be a huge relief. It also feels good to support FaithWriters, since I feel that they offer a very important service to writers like me.

I mentioned yesterday (or whenever I last posted) that I was using the new service "Zementa," and the unfortunate choice of photos that came up in one instance. Well, someone from Zementa read my comment and was concerned that I was truly unhappy with the service, which I'm not. So I promised I would let you guys know that it really is a cool service. I don't always understand why it comes up with some of the guesses that it comes up with, but other guesses are right on, and it's fun to have photos to browse through for possible inclusion in my blog. And aside from that one unfortunate choice, I haven't had anything else come up that I would have been uncomfortable with my boys seeing. It found the "Praying hands" image that I decided to use in this entry, and all I had to do was click on it to have it inserted in the blog with credits. Can't complain about that.

Today John and I watched "National Treasure: Book of Secrets." I had never seen the original "National Treasure", so I had no idea what to expect from the sequel. But it was fun. It had lots of really crazy "It could never happen" kind-of stuff, but well done enough that you really didn't care about that.

Well, I'd better call this one to a halt. I still want to have my devotions, plus hopefully write an entry for my other blog, and it's already 10:30 at night.

Good night!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: